Summer Food Shorts
Summer is in full swing, and it appears as though our thoughts have turned to appropriately summery topics: Cookies, cocktails, cars, and cooling off in the ocean. Oh yeah, and lobster.
- The chocolate chip cookie seems to be all the rage this summer, according to the NYTimes. The best one I’ve had in Maine (so far, I’d welcome other candidates) can be found at Cappy’s Bakery in Camden. (The bakery is around the corner and down the hill from the main restaurant.)
- Looking for a cocktail in eastern Maine to cool you down? Here’s your guide.
- Via Slashfood, a Maine “mussel” car.
- What’s swimming in the Maine water when?
- Hancock Gourmet Lobster Co. won a prize at the International Fancy Food Show for Outstanding Pasta, Rice or Grain. Try their award-winning Port Clyde Lobster Mac and Cheese for yourself. Just get ready to fork over more than $30. They also won for their Spruce Head Smoked Scallop Lobster Bisque. Check out the other winners here.