Down East Enterprise employees work in a summer “cottage” called Roxmont, located on Route 1 in Rockport, Maine. From the heart of Midcoast Maine we publish Down East Magazine, downeast.com, and the Down East TV Channel, as well as Shooting Sportsman and Fly Rod & Reel and their respective websites. Down East Magazine also has a sales office on Commercial Street, on the waterfront in Portland.
Current Job Openings (as of 4/26/2014)
Down East Magazine is looking for an ambitious and talented Visuals Editor to join our staff at our Rockport headquarters. This is a full-time, salaried position. The perfect candidate is passionate about Maine and magazine publishing and is looking to be an essential part of a fast-paced, high-performing creative team. The job requires an exceptional eye for great photography and illustration and a highly creative mindset.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
• Developing visual story concepts
• Assigning photo and illustration for future stories and projects
• Editing photo shoots
• Negotiating rates for photographs and other visuals
• Planning and executing video content
• Obtaining permissions for additional visual content to be used for Down East, DownEast.com, and ancillary publications
• Photographing events and/or stories as needed
We are looking for someone with:
• An exceptional aesthetic eye
• A commanding knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and additional visual technologies
• A strong creative sensibility and the confidence to come up with and suggest innovative ideas
• The ability to multitask and manage many projects at once, all while juggling various deadlines
• An active knowledge of social media, digital media, and publishing trends
• A strong work ethic
• Great people skills
• A deep understanding of and love for the state of Maine
Travel around the state is required, as is representing the company at numerous events throughout the year. This position is open to all experience levels, including entry-level candidates.
Applications should include a cover letter, résumé, and a portfolio. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE – PORTLAND OFFICE
Down East: The Magazine of Maine is seeking a dynamic sales professional to join our Portland, Maine-based advertising sales team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience identifying, cold calling, developing and closing prospect accounts to drive incremental revenue. The ideal candidate will have a disciplined approach to maintaining day-to-day sales activity levels as well as the ability to acquire new business, 2+ years of successful outside advertising sales experience, and an understanding of the digital advertising process. Send your résumé with salary requirements. Since 1954 Down East Magazine has been the definitive voice of Maine’s lifestyle. Down East Magazine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
To inquire about employment opportunities, please send an e-mail to our Human Resources Department.
Many thanks for your interest!