Down East 2013 ©
There's nothing like a bit of carbon dioxide to ruin your spacewalk. Maine native Christopher Cassidy had to hurry back to the international space station Wednesday after rising carbon dioxide levels were detected in his spacesuit. NASA officials stressed that he was never in any real danger, but both he and another spacewalker, David Wolf, had to cut short their space work. "I'm just going to sit here and I'm going to enjoy the view," said Cassidy, whose parents still live in York. The astronauts were working on replacing the large nickel-hydrogen batteries that store the power collected by the space station's solar wings.
Read more at the Portland Press Herald.